Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Body of Christ

I have a humanities class this semester, which is absolutely wonderful! One of the neat things we had to do in it was write a poem about something we love. Here is what I did...

In the eyes of people around me
I see a sight amazing to behold:
Brothers and sisters loving each other, praising God.
I lift my voice to sing,
I bow my head to pray.
Around me, a hundred voices join together,
And with us is Christ, our Head.

I sit alone and cry.
In walks Christ, my Savior
In the body of a weak sister.
She puts her arms around me,
Drawing my eyes upward to gaze on
What I see in her eyes –
My Risen Lamb, the Head of the Church

I see my love, Emmanuel: God with us
In the Body of Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This class sounds like so much fun. :o) The professor must really know what he's doing.

Thanks for posting your poem!